Walk-a-thons are successful fundraisers that satisfy the unique needs of both donors and fundraisers. A walk-a-thon fundraiser, both virtual or in-person, are low-stress options. As donors and fundraisers, there are three simple truths we both can rely on:
- If you are a donor, you have already decided to give.
- If you are a fundraiser, you have already decided to act.
- Donors and fundraisers share a mutual desire to make giving accessible, quick, and easy!
WHY IS A WALK-A-THON FUNDRAISER LOW-STRESS?
Whether you are planning a virtual walk-a-thon or hoping to run one as a live event, they are one of the more popular and low-stress options.
- Walk-a-thons are accessible to diverse audiences. For example, all people can participate even if physically challenged.
- They do not require expertise on the part of the donor.
- There is minimal event planning know-how with the right fundraising software management tool.
- Attract faithful supporters and new donors.
- If virtual, a walk-a-thon fundraiser can be held anywhere!
- They are easy to expand on. A walk-a-thon fundraiser can be expanded to include health fairs, live music, great food, kid-friendly activities or a raffle to raise more dollars.
Lessons Learned From Walk-a-thon Donors and Fundraisers
Working with many organizations planning their walk-a-thon event, we have learned what is necessary for success.
- Give walkers, donors, and volunteers a one-stop-shop experience.
- Provide a practical, high-impact, user-friendly experience with your fundraising software.
With this ease of use for donors and fundraising in mind, Blue Sky’s fundraising platforms allow users to seamlessly:
- Register for an event.
- Set-up a fundraising page.
- Select their shirt and other event-merchandise preferences.
- Register their friends, family, and pets, giving each a fundraising page
- Select meal preferences and food restrictions.
- Share their fundraising page on social media and via email.
- Share their story and their testimonials on their page.
- Select from a menu of volunteer opportunities.
- Provide access to real-time statics on dollars raised.
- Notifications for how to improve progress towards their goal.
- Data on new vs. returning donors.
- Seamless integration of event communication tools.
- Customize our software based on your organization’s unique needs.
For donors and fundraisers alike, having the right software to meet your fundraising goal is critical to having an exceptional walk-a-thon experience. Blue Sky Collaborative has had the pleasure of working with thousands of fundraising organizers and donors to implement successful walk-a-thons. The end result of these collaborations is SWEET! and GIVE!, peer-to-peer fundraising software platforms produced with feedback from thousands of non-profit clients nationwide.
Contact us to learn more about how we can help you create a low-stress virtual walk-a-ton fundraiser and bring in more money for your organization.