It’s prime time for event peer to peer fundraising season. The spring through fall timeframe is a great opportunity for organizations of all sizes to achieve their fundraising goals with events.
Many of our clients rely on a fundraising walk, bike ride or run fundraising events. We are often asked about the keys to a successful walk/bike/run fundraising campaign. Using our 15 plus years of building event peer to peer fundraising software we share our Top 5 list.
TOP 5 SUCCESS TIPS
- Emphasize Fundraising and Minimize Registration Fees.
- Create a fundraising culture for the event.
- Celebrate fundraisers consistently, highlight & share their stories.
- Charge a little to attend the event.
- Require participants to raise money.
- The result is increased attendance and a higher gift raised average for the event.
- Make team fundraising easy and fun!
- Provide incentives for team fundraising.
- Teams raise the most gifts.
- Team members encourage/motivate each other and hold themselves accountable.
- Communication + Encouragement = Fundraising.
- Talk to your membership in the weeks and months leading up to the event.
- Communicate ongoing gifts raised so far and how much is left to go.
- Recognize the top fundraising teams and individuals ongoing.
- Remind and remind again why it is important to raise money and who will benefit from the fundraising efforts.
- Have goals and display your progress.
- Event participants and teams need goals.
- The goal can be dollars, or the number of donors, or attendees, etc…
- Require that registrants set a goal.
- Have a deadline.
- Open-ended fundraising campaigns are less likely to hit their goals.
- Campaigns with distinct fundraising deadlines are more likely to achieve their goals.
- Participants need to know when they need to finish their fundraising.
Let us know how we can help you experience Simple. Easy. Yes! Good luck with your fundraising!