Whew! Your nonprofit’s peer-to-peer fundraising campaign is over. Everyone involved deserves a few days (at the very least) to feel good, celebrate success, smile and laugh. Most importantly show gratitude to each other and everyone involved. Be quick to connect with your participants, fundraisers, volunteers, donors and sponsors.
Connecting with your supporters, whether a supper enthusiast or a general supporter, will secure your success in future years. Below is a short list of ideas as to how you can maintain and build a deeper connection with all your supporters through your peer-to-peer fundraising site.
Immediately After The Event
Use the E-mail Tool to show gratitude and get feedback.
- A unique thank you message to each group of supporters that takes them to your site to share the details of your success
- A thank you message to the sub group of individuals within each group that went the extra mile to support the campaign
- An e-mail to each group asking for feedback on their experience with the campaign: two question max for each
Update your ‘Home’ page content with photos, videos and memories from the event.
- A post event thank you from staff, event leaders and influencers: include a video if possible
- A post event recap- summary with 2-3 key metrics
- Images from the event
- Direct people to the ‘About the Event’ page where you celebrate select fundraisers campaign stories
- Direct people to the ‘Sponsors’ page where you celebrate sponsors event day stories
Use the ‘About the Event’ page to recognize your top super enthusiasts.
- Highlight a select group of fundraisers with commentary and pictures
- A post event recap- detailed
- Quotes from fundraisers, donors, volunteers
- Highlight sponsors event day experience
- Quotes from sponsors
In The 3 Months After The Event
Show gratitude with your site and communications tools
- Highlight the efforts of the nonprofit’s staff
- Highlight the efforts of everyday volunteers and fundraisers
- Urge volunteers and fundraisers to recruit others for next year’s campaign
- Highlight select donors
- Highlight sponsors
- Offer sponsors an incentive to recruit other sponsors for next year
This list is by no means is complete. Use it as a starter list to create and monitor your ongoing supporter engagement plan. At Blue Sky Collaborative our goal is to help you maximize the benefits of online peer-to-peer fundraising to achieve your mission. To learn more about how we can help, visit our website www.blueskycollaborative.com or call us at (p) 800-330-4109 ext. 803.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- SWEET! software promotes our client’s brand and vision.
- We craft to the needs of the client, because you are unique.
- We collaborate to foster an organization’s success.
- We do not charge transaction fees on the dollars you and your fundraisers earn.
- We do not handle our clients’ money.
- Technology user friendliness is essential to fundraising success.
Blue Sky Collaborative is a peer-to-peer fundraising software developer and design services firm. Our SWEET! online peer to peer fundraising platform is ideal for any company, non-profit or school, large or small, that holds participant or pledge events: CSR, walk-a-thons, golf-a-thons, run-a-thons, any-a-thons. The company was founded in 2002.
At present thousands of people use Blue Sky Collaborative’s software to support events and campaigns of all types. Several hundred companies, non-profits and schools, in multiple languages, use Blue Sky Collaborative’s peer-to-peer fundraising software to raise tens of millions of dollars.
Blue Sky Collaborative has offices in Boston, MA and Southwestern CT.