Walk-a-thons are successful fundraisers that satisfy the unique needs of both donors and fundraisers, looking for low-stress fundraising and giving options. As donors and fundraisers, there are three simple truths we both can rely on:
- If you are a donor, you have already decided to give.
- If you are a fundraiser, you have already decided to act.
- Donors and fundraisers share a mutual desire to make giving accessible, quick, and easy!
One of the most low-stress fundraisers to host and participate in is a walk-a-thon.
WHY ARE WALK-A-THONS LOW STRESS?
Walk-a thons are a low-stress fundraising event option because:
- They are accessible to diverse audiences. For example, people of a and the physically challenged can participate.
- Do not require expertise on the part of the donor.
- Demand minimal event planning know-how with the right fundraising software management tool.
- Attract faithful supporters and new donors.
- Walk-a-thons are easy to expand on. Walk-a-thon events can be expanded to include health fairs, live music, great food, kid-friendly activities, or a raffle to raise more dollars.
THE RIGHT FUNDRAISING SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT TOOL FOR A Walk-a-Thon
For donors and fundraisers alike, having the right fundraising software to meet your fundraising goal is critical to having an exceptional walk-a-thon experience. Blue Sky Collaborative has had the pleasure of working with thousands of fundraising organizers and donors to implement successful walk-a-thons. The end result of these collaborations is SWEET! a peer-to-peer fundraising software platform produced with feedback from thousands of non-profit clients nationwide.
LESSONS Learned From Walk-a-thon Donors and Fundraisers
- Give walkers, donors, and volunteers a one-stop-shop experience.
- Provide a practical, high-impact, user-friendly experience with SWEET!
With this ease of use for donors and fundraising in mind, SWEET! allows users to seamlessly:
- Register for an event.
- Set-up a fundraising page.
- Select their shirt and other event-merchandise preferences.
- Register their friends, family, and pets, giving each a fundraising page
- Select meal preferences and food restrictions.
- Share their fundraising page on social media and via email.
- Share their story and their testimonials on their page.
- Select from a menu of volunteer opportunities.
- Provide access to real-time statics on dollars raised.
- Notifications for how to improve progress towards their goal.
- Data on new vs. returning donors.
- Seamless integration of event communication tools.
- Customize SWEET! software based on your organization’s unique needs.
To learn more about how we can help, call us at (p) 800-330-4109 and keep exploring our website for more information.