Peer to peer fundraising continues to be a great success for non-profit organizations. Due to its ability to raise donations from a wider pool of donors. Whether proprietary events or do-it-yourself (DIY) campaigns peer to peer fundraising democratizes philanthropy. One individual fundraiser can raise more money for your organization than one major donor. One influence on the success of your fundraisers is the fundraising platform you provide them to register, spread the word (communicate) and accept donations. We suggest four areas to consider when evaluating peer to peer fundraising software.
The suggested areas collectively provide an organization with the opportunity to better engage with fundraisers and supporters. Also, the suggestions will minimize staff efforts to run the fundraising campaign whilst maximizing donations. The four areas we suggest are –
- Branding / Design
- Registration Process
- 3rd Party Integrations
- Return on Investment = software cost / revenue raised
In this blog, we highlight the first two of the four areas for you to use when evaluating peer to peer fundraising software.
Branding / Design
Your fundraising platform is an extension of your organization. Branding and design is your number one opportunity to make an emotional connection with registrants and donors. Maximizing your brand messaging needs to be a major focus for your organization. The URL, the site pages and site communications need to highlight your brand message. Key aspects of a well branded and designed fundraising site contain the following at a minimum:
- Logo(s) and color palette of choice on site and in communication templates
- Color palette of the organization available for font and background colors
- White label URL (myorganization.org)
- Your images and videos embeddable into the site pages
- Page text is editable by you so your message is conveyed your way
An overlooked and underutilized opportunity to engage supporters is the registration process. A majority of the time the registration form is viewed as a means to an end, versus an opportunity to engage. The registration process needs to ask your participants to complete the process with a minimal number of keystrokes.
Also, the more clear and easy your registration process the fewer registration abandonments. Additionally, your staff will spend less time supporting registrants. A friendly registration process leads to a better mindset by participants to fundraise. Key aspects of a user-friendly registration process are at a minimum:
- End of registration provides an automated confirmation email with profile details
- End of registration provides an automatically created fundraising page
- The registration form allows you to ask as few or as many questions as you desire
- The registration form allows you to label questions with your desired language
- Adding custom questions to the registration form is an option
- Adding e-commerce capability or merchandise collection info to the registration form is an option
In this blog we highlighted two of four areas to consider when evaluating peer to peer fundraising software. The suggested areas provide organizations the opportunity to better engage with fundraisers and supporters. Also, the suggestions will minimize staff efforts to run the fundraising campaign. Our next blog will highlight the remaining two areas: third-party integrations and return on investment.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- SWEET! software promotes our client’s brand and vision.
- We craft to the needs of the client because you are unique.
- Technology user-friendliness is essential to fundraising success.
- We collaborate to foster an organization’s success.
- We do not charge software fees on the donations you and your fundraisers raise.
Peer to Peer Fundraising software can be simple, it can be easy to use, and it can save you time. Most importantly SWEET! by Blue Sky can also be priced to fit.
Let us know how we can help you experience Simple. Easy. Yes!
Blue Sky Collaborative’s software supports events and campaigns of all types. Several hundred companies, non-profits, and schools, in multiple languages, use Blue Sky Collaborative’s Fundraising Software to raise millions of dollars every year. The company was founded in 2002.
To learn more about how we can help, visit our website www.blueskycollaborative.com or call us at (p) 800-330-4109, ext. 803.
Blue Sky Collaborative has offices in Boston, MA and Southwestern CT.