5 TIPS TO ENGAGE SUPPORTERS
There are common best practices to set yourself up for success across multiple fundraising campaign types. Use the five tips below to ensure your next peer to peer fundraising campaign engages your supporters, creates new supporters and helps you achieve your fundraising goals.
1. Soft Launch Your Campaign
Initially launch your campaign to a smaller group of dedicated supporters. This provides a few benefits:
- Supporters help build campaign momentum before the campaign’s official launch.
- Potential supporters are more likely to donate to your campaign when some money is raised.
- You can work out any bugs or errors, like typos or broken links, before you send it to everyone.
Engage your supporters and ask for their feedback. Ask questions, such as:
- Are the images and videos compelling?
- Is the message and ask clear?
- Is anything missing?
Don’t forget to ask your supporters to start a personal fundraising page and start reaching out to friends and family for donations.
2. Keep Your Brand Front and Center
Branding matters! At the very least it confirms that your fundraising campaign is, in fact, yours. Don’t underestimate that potential donors can be confused if your logo and colors are not similar to your main website. Consistency builds trust, which leads to support!
3. Communicate, Educate & Inspire
Build a communication plan to engage fundraisers. Be disciplined and provide resources to help them fundraise. Provide a toolkit, anecdotes, and personal stories so fundraisers can visualize their success. Ensure messaging is a blend of information, motivation, and gratitude. This will lead to inspiration.
4. Create a Campaign Video
Quite simply, we are visual creatures first and foremost. A video is a must to maximize your chance at achieving your campaign’s goals. Set a goal of making 3 videos – 1) Overall 2) Hero 3) Fundraiser Story.
5. Gratitude Is Key
Celebrate success at the beginning, along the way, and at the end. Gratitude is easy to give and jet fuel to creating motivation and inspiration with your supporters. Reward achievements and ideas of all sizes and shapes. Be inclusive and celebrate the journey in addition to the destination.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- SWEET! software promotes our client’s brand and vision.
- We craft to the needs of the client because you are unique.
- Technology user-friendliness is essential to fundraising success.
- We collaborate to foster an organization’s success.
- We do not charge software fees on the donations you and your fundraisers raise.
Peer to Peer Fundraising software can be simple, it can be easy to use, and it can save you time. Most importantly SWEET! by Blue Sky can also be priced to fit.
Let us know how we can help you experience Simple. Easy. Yes!
Blue Sky Collaborative’s software supports events and campaigns of all types. Several hundred companies, non-profits, and schools, in multiple languages, use Blue Sky Collaborative’s Fundraising Software to raise millions of dollars every year. The company was founded in 2002.
To learn more about how we can help, visit our website www.blueskycollaborative.com or call us at (p) 800-330-4109, ext. 803.