Oh what fun a gym full of kids is in terms of energy, enthusiasm and laughter. What’s makes the moment that much more memorable is when the kids are participating in an event to support their school and classmates. That is why I believe hoopathon puts the fun in fundraising for school staff, parents, teachers and children.
A hoopathon is a very simple, friendly and repeatable fundraising idea for a nonprofit or school. Also, a big dollar opportunity. Hoopathons create a memorable event for your fundraisers (kids), teachers, staff and parents. An event they look forward to participating in year after year. Imagine smiles, laughs, costumes and camaraderie all amongst a sea of basketballs.
Below are some reasons why you should consider a hoopathon for your nonprofit or school’s new primary or secondary fundraising campaign.
THE TOP 10 REASONS HOOPATHONS ARE A GREAT FUNDRAISING IDEA
1. Hoopathon is a fun activity for kids of all ages/abilities, especially younger kids.
2. Weather is not a factor which makes the hoopathon a perfect any time of year round fundraising event.
3. The opportunity for kids to express their creative abilities is second to none.
4. Hoopathons are social media friendly. Go LIVE and show everyone how much fun everyone is having.
5. For kids, the event can compete class versus class or grade versus grade.
6. Hoopathons are easy to budget for.
7. The gym is onsite and ready for your nonprofit or school.
8. Supporters and teachers are less stressed than at outdoor events because there are fewer safety issues.
9. Unlike walks, runs, or rides there are no permits or licenses required.
10. Hoopathons are family friendly: you can include parents easily into the day.
HOW IT WORKS
In a hoopathon kids will collect fixed or flat pledges per hoop scored. The fundraising campaign finishes on a day of hoop shooting, fun and laughter. Hoopathons can be truly unique. Whether including t-shirt incentives, costumes or other fun ideas the only limit is your imagination. All hoopathons are a fun and effective way to fundraise within a community.
BLUE SKY DIFFERENCE
The very best hoopathons craft fun, creativity, cause and community their own way. At Blue Sky Collaborative we are fortunate to build fundraising software for several hoopathons. Including the West Hills Christian School Hoopathon run by staff and volunteers. We helped the school move to online fundraising without sacrificing the logistics of their event. To date they have raised several hundred thousand dollars.
At Blue Sky Collaborative our experience teaches us the nature of each fundraising event, its rules, and spirit are the result of the efforts of volunteers, staff and participant hard work. Most importantly, we know that the most successful hoopathons are built around the preferences of a school’s community, not software’s capabilities. We believe software should flex to people, so they can be creative, have fun and achieve their fundraising goals. As a result our mission is to deliver you peer to peer fundraising software crafted your way.
We welcome the opportunity to chat with you about your nonprofit or school’s needs and dreams for your fundraising events.
At Blue Sky Collaborative our goal is to help you maximize the benefits of online peer-to-peer fundraising to achieve your mission. To learn more about how we can help, visit our website www.blueskycollaborative.com or call us at (p) 800-330-4109 ext. 803.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- SWEET! software promotes our client’s brand and vision.
- We craft to the needs of the client, because you are unique.
- We collaborate to foster an organization’s success.
- We do not charge transaction fees on the dollars you and your fundraisers earn.
- We do not handle our clients’ money.
- Technology user friendliness is essential to fundraising success.
Blue Sky Collaborative is a peer to peer fundraising software developer and design services firm. Our SWEET! online peer to peer fundraising platform is ideal for any company, non-profit or school, large or small, that holds participant or pledge events: CSR, walk-a-thons, golf-a-thons, run-a-thons, any-a-thons. The company was founded in 2002.
At present thousands of people use Blue Sky Collaborative’s software to support events and campaigns of all types. Several hundred companies, non-profits and schools, in multiple languages, use Blue Sky Collaborative’s peer to peer fundraising software to raise tens of millions of dollars.
Blue Sky Collaborative has offices in Boston, MA and Southwestern CT.