My imagination was recently stirred at a children’s bowling birthday party I recently attended with my son. We walked in to the bowl-a-rama and before the door closed behind us I mouthed the word, “WOW!” By the end of the party I experienced good music, ate quality food/drink and had lots of laughs. It’s no wonder that some of our best peer to peer fundraising events are bowl-a-thons.
Bowling can be a very sustainable nonprofit event and, of course, a Big Dollar Opportunity.
Bowl-a-thons are an opportunity for your organization to create and hold a very memorable event for your fundraisers – one that they look forward to attending year after year. Think costumes, neon, glitter, corporate teams and comradery.
Below are some reasons as to why you should consider a bowl-a-thon as your organization’s new primary or secondary fundraising campaign.
THE TOP 10 REASONS THAT BOWL-A-THONS ARE GREAT PEER TO PEER FUNDRAISING EVENTS
1. Bowling is a fun activity for people of all ages/abilities especially at the newer bowling venues.
2. Unlike walkathons or 5k’s, weather is not a factor, which makes the bowl-a-thon a perfect year round fundraising event.
3. The opportunity for supporters to express their creative abilities are second to none
4. Bowl-a-thons are Social media friendly. Go LIVE and show everyone how much fun you are having.
5. For bowlers, recruiting team members is easier because the event is fun and can even be competitive.
6. Bowl-a-thons are easy to budget for.
7. The event venue is already prepared to nonprofit stay can focus on recruitment and fundraising.
8. Staff are less stressed than outdoor events because there are fewer safety issues.
9. Unlike Walks, Runs, and Bike Rides, there are no permits or licenses required.
10. Bowl-a-thons are sponsor friendly: businesses can include their own teams and set up information tables.
In a Bowl-a-thon teams of people of all ages can participate while collecting pledges and donations for their your organization. The campaign culminates in a night of bowling, fun, and relationship building.
Many bowl-a-thons are truly unique. What is consistent is that all of them are a fun and effective way to fundraise across all ages and communities. The very best bowl-a-thons craft fun, creativity, cause and community their own way. At Blue Sky Collaborative we are fortunate to craft fundraising software for several bowl-a-thons including the Bowl-4-Animal-Rescue run by 4 time PWBA national champion and United States Olympian, Michelle Mullen.
Over the years Blue Sky Collaborative clients have raised several million dollars with the fundraiser friendly bowl-a-thon. At Blue Sky Collaborative our experience with Bowl-a-thons teaches us the nature of each event, its rules, and culture are the result of the efforts of staff and participant hard work. Most importantly, we know that the most successful Bowl-a-thons are built around the preferences of a nonprofit’s community, not their software’s capabilities. We believe software should flex to people, so they can be creative, have fun and maximize their fundraising potential. That’s why our mission is to deliver you Peer to Peer fundraising, crafted your way.
No organization should have to compromise, because creativity inspires staff/volunteers and connects fundraisers/donors. Blue Sky Collaborative provides a software system that can be tailored to your event needs. Oh, by the way we don’t charge transaction fees, so you also keep more of the money that you raise. To learn more call us at 800-330-4109, ext. 803 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome the opportunity to chat with you about your organization’s needs and dreams for your fundraising events.