All substantial Peer-to-Peer fundraising campaigns and events depend on a corps of dedicated volunteers. Accountable volunteers can help boost fundraising by 10-30%. The challenge is setting up your volunteers for success with your software. Your peer to peer fundraising software should help you avoid a cat-herding situation while reaping the benefits of your volunteer team.
Below are some suggested features and ideas to maximize the role and contributions your volunteers make to your campaign or event.
Top Features for Volunteers
- Volunteer Registration Capabilities: Your peer to peer fundraising must allow volunteers to sign-up and get their own fundraising page. Forcing volunteers to register on a separate site is a huge mistake for many reasons. Not the least of which is they they won’t get their own fundraising page. If your event is a fundraising event, then volunteers should also raise money.
- Volunteer Assignments and Shifts: Volunteers should be able to select one or more jobs and shifts when they register. Your peer to peer fundraising site should allow you add, edit, and remove shifts while setting limits on volunteers per shift. All volunteers should know what job they need to perform and when.
- Volunteer Confirmation Emails: After registering, volunteers should receive an email thank you. The email should also clearly state their job, important dates, and check-in times.
Top Ways To Empower Volunteers
- Task Lists w/ Directions
- Confirmation E-mails
- Unique Fundraising Pages
- Design Choices to Create A Deeper Connection to Your Cause
How To Make Your Volunteers More Successful
In many ways, the success of your best volunteers will be linked to the tools they can access in the fundraising software platform they use. Your software needs to complement and support them to achieve your growth goals. At the very least, your fundraising platform should allow you to communicate with your volunteers, allow them to fundraise, provide referrals, and hold them accountable for their responsibilities. Take the step to review whether the feature set your peer-to-peer fundraising software provides best supports your volunteer goals.
Software Should Flex To Your Needs
At Blue Sky Collaborative our experience teaches us the nature of volunteer management, its rules, and culture are the result of the efforts of staff and volunteer hard work. Most importantly, we know that the most successful volunteer management is built around the preferences of a nonprofit’s community, not software’s capabilities.
We believe software should flex to people, so they can be creative, have fun and maximize their fundraising potential. At Blue Sky Collaborative our goal is to help you maximize the benefits of online peer-to-peer fundraising to achieve your mission. To learn more about how we can help, visit our website www.blueskycollaborative.com or call us at (p) 800-330-4109 ext. 803.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- SWEET! software promotes our client’s brand and vision.
- We craft to the needs of the client, because you are unique.
- We collaborate to foster an organization’s success.
- We do not charge transaction fees on the dollars you and your fundraisers earn.
- We do not handle our clients’ money.
- Technology user friendliness is essential to fundraising success.
Blue Sky Collaborative is a peer-to-peer fundraising software developer and design services firm. Our SWEET! online peer to peer fundraising platform is ideal for any company, non-profit or school, large or small, that holds participant or pledge events: CSR, walk-a-thons, golf-a-thons, run-a-thons, any-a-thons. The company was founded in 2002.
At present thousands of people use Blue Sky Collaborative’s software to support events and campaigns of all types. Several hundred companies, non-profits and schools, in multiple languages, use Blue Sky Collaborative’s peer-to-peer fundraising software to raise tens of millions of dollars.
Blue Sky Collaborative has offices in Boston, MA and Southwestern CT.