Recently we published part I of a 2-blog series on how online Peer-to-Peer fundraising helps any size organization or event grow and succeed. In part I we covered the emotional appeal and relationship building power of online peer-to-peer campaigns (Read Part I). In part II our blog highlights the financial benefits of an online peer-to-peer campaign.
First of all an online peer-to-peer fundraising campaign results in greater funds raised. How much more raised is a combination of your organization’s fundraising plan, skills and the software you utilize. As a result your peer to peer fundraising software feature set will enable, bolster or inhibit your fundraising potential.
Most noteworthy an online peer-to-peer campaign will simplify the entire fundraising process by bringing communication, registration and donations onto one site. With simplification benefits you can more easily and better engage the groups that comprise your super enthusiasts and general supporters. These groups include your participants, fundraisers, donors, sponsors, volunteers and staff.
The success of each group is tied to the software feature set your software provides them. While everyone in your fundraising circle may have the skill and the will to deliver against your goals. Your software needs to complement and support the groups driving your fundraising growth.
Consider Benchmarks and Growth Calculations When Setting Goals
Use the benchmarks and calculations below as a starter’s guide to inform your software decision-making. These calculations do not include self-donations or registration fees.
Peer-to-peer fundraising campaign performance:
- Average campaign grosses $50+ per fundraiser: 10 donors at $5 each
- Above average campaign grosses $100+ per fundraiser: 10 donors at $10 each
- Amazing campaign grosses $200+ per fundraiser: 10 donors at $20 each
Achieving your fundraising percentage growth goal:
- Goal is 10-30%, at a minimum you need to:
- Increase number of fundraisers
- Increase number of donations per fundraiser
- Goal is 30-50%, at a minimum you need to also:
- Increase average size of donation
Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Software Grows Funds
There are two primary ways online peer-to-peer fundraising software engages super enthusiasts and general supporters:
- Design: branding & look/feel
- Features: navigation & functionality
Design options influence how supporters feel about your brand, campaign and the fundraising process. As we highlighted in Part I of our blog series, the emotional appeal of your campaign matters. The ability of your campaign to make an emotional connection with staff, supporters and sponsors will influence their enthusiasm, motivation and donation levels.
Features influence what your super enthusiasts and general supporters can and cannot do or how easily it can be done. Their enthusiasm and motivation levels can be through the roof, but their ability to fundraise is only as strong as the feature set provided to them.
Map Your Growth Goals With Your Software Design & Feature Set
Be sure to set your goals by group. Then review whether the feature set your peer-to-peer fundraising software provides best supports them. The majority of your fundraising success will most likely be tied to fundraiser performance. We cover sponsorship growth in a future blog.
You will increase fundraiser performance through the combination of three levers.
- Grow number of fundraisers
- Grow number of donations per fundraiser
- Grow average donation per donor
Below we highlight what largely influences fundraiser performance from software design or feature set standpoint.
#1 Number of Fundraisers
- How do I feel about your campaign (design)
- Branding, videos and images presented to me
- Mission and messaging of campaign/organization are clear
- How easy is it to register (design & features)
- Mobile friendly, intuitive & minimal clicks
#2 Number of Donations per Fundraiser
- What does my fundraising page look like (design & features)
- Can I share my purpose, story and images with others my own way
- Can I share who has donated to me and their messages of support
- How well and easily can I communicate with my network (design & features)
- E-mail and social media features available and easy to use
- Organization provides me a variety of content I can personalize and share
#3 Average Donation per Donor
- What fundraiser imagery do I see (design & features)
- Photos and stories tell the story
- How easy is it to donate (design & features)
- Mobile friendly, intuitive & minimal clicks
Tying It All Together
Your peer to peer fundraising software design and feature set will enable, bolster or inhibit your fundraising potential. Therefore to gain the benefits you should go through the basic review steps (below). These steps will help you make the right peer to peer fundraising software investment decision for your organization.
- Consider Peer to Peer Fundraising Benchmarks and Key Calculations
- Peer to Peer Software Grows Funds in Specific Ways
- Map Your Growth Goals w/ Your Software Design & Feature Set
At Blue Sky Collaborative our goal is to help you maximize the benefits of online peer-to-peer fundraising to achieve your mission. To learn more about how we can help, visit our website www.blueskycollaborative.com or call us at (p) 800-330-4109 ext. 803.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- SWEET! software promotes our client’s brand and vision.
- We craft to the needs of the client, because you are unique.
- We collaborate to foster an organization’s success.
- We do not charge transaction fees on the dollars you and your fundraisers earn.
- We do not handle our clients’ money.
- Technology user friendliness is essential to fundraising success.
Blue Sky Collaborative is a peer to peer fundraising software developer and design services firm. Our SWEET! online peer to peer fundraising platform is ideal for any company, non-profit or school, large or small, that holds participant or pledge events: CSR, walk-a-thons, golf-a-thons, run-a-thons, any-a-thons. The company was founded in 2002.
At present thousands of people use Blue Sky Collaborative’s software to support events and campaigns of all types. Several hundred companies, non-profits and schools, in multiple languages, use Blue Sky Collaborative’s peer to peer fundraising software to raise tens of millions of dollars.
Blue Sky Collaborative has offices in Boston, MA and Southwestern CT.