Nonprofits and school leaders are facing uncertainty in a changing political climate should double down on their commitment to peer to peer fundraising.
There are many theories on how the change in leadership in Washington DC will impact nonprofits. Most theories don’t paint a rosy picture. Here are some of the prevailing notions.
1. Cuts to discretionary spending will reduce government support of the nonprofit sector.
2. New tax proposals will limit incentives for charitable giving.
3. Massive tax cuts to wealthy households will diminish the value of tax deductions for charitable giving, resulting in a sharp decline in major gifts.
Scared yet? Don’t be. No matter who is president, friends will still help friends. Families will continue to help each other. Businesses will help their communities. These are some of the reasons why peer to peer fundraising works and will always work.
Peer to peer fundraising can withstand politics, zeitgeist, and is virtually recession proof.
Nonprofit executives and development directors that are thinking strategically about the next decade, should strengthen their commitment to peer to peer campaigns to mitigate the impact of policy changes.
Policies and leaders change, but the people who care for your organization will remain. Give your donors the tools to help your organization thrive in uncertain times.
At Blue Sky Collaborative our goal is to help you maximize the benefits of online peer-to-peer fundraising to achieve your mission. To learn more about our SWEET! platform and how we can help, visit our website www.blueskycollaborative.com or call us at (p) 800-330-4109 ext. 803.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- SWEET! promotes our client’s brand and vision.
- We craft to the needs of the client, because you are unique.
- We collaborate to foster an organization’s success.
- We do not charge transaction fees on the dollars you and your fundraisers earn.
- We do not handle our clients’ money.
- Technology user friendliness is essential to fundraising success.
Blue Sky Collaborative is a peer to peer fundraising software developer and design services firm that produces sites for nonprofits and schools of all sizes.
SWEET! online peer to peer fundraising software is ideal for any non-profit or school, large or small, that holds participant or pledge events –walk-a-thons, golf-a-thons, run-a-thons, any-a-thons. The company was founded in 2002, and at present thousands of people use Blue Sky’s software in non-profit and school campaigns of all sizes and focus. Several hundred non-profits and schools, in multiple languages use Blue Sky’s peer to peer fundraising software to raise tens of millions of dollars.
To learn more about how we can help, visit our website www.blueskycollaborative.com or call us at (p) 800-330-4109 ext. 803.
Blue Sky Collaborative has offices in Boston, MA and Southwestern CT.