Congratulations! Your organization’s event or campaign is complete. Whew. It’s time for everyone to take a deep breath, celebrate success, smile, laugh and congratulate everyone involved. Also it is the perfect time to begin laying the foundation for success in future years. At this stage, one of the most important to dos is to continue fostering your relationship with your fundraisers. In order for your peer to peer campaign to be successful you will need your fundraisers to make asking for your campaign an annual activity.
Over the years we have read and heard about the many great ways non-profits maintain their fundraiser relationships post event success. Below is a short checklist of ideas in how you can use your SWEET! site to maintain and build a deeper connection with your fundraisers.
Immediately After the Event
Use the E-mail Tool to thank your fundraisers and get feedback.
- A thank you message to everyone that directs people back to your site to share the details of everyone’s success
- A thank you message to the sub group of individuals that went the extra mile to support the campaign’s success
- An e-mail asking for feedback on their and event day and fundraising experience: two question max for each
Update your ‘Home’ page content with photos, videos and memories from the event.
- A post event thank you from staff, event leaders and influencers: include a video if possible
- A post event recap- summary
- Update with images from the event
- Direct people to the ‘About the Event’ page which celebrates select fundraisers campaign stories
- Direct people to the ‘Sponsors’ page which celebrates sponsors event day stories
Use the ‘About the Event’ page to recognize your top supporters.
- Highlight a select group of fundraisers with commentary and pictures
- A post event recap- detailed
- Quotes from fundraisers
Add content to the ‘Sponsors’ page to show how happy this year’s sponsors were.
- Highlight sponsors event day experience
- Quotes from sponsors
- Message from sponsors
- It’s never too early to start looking for next year’s sponsors!
In the 3 months after the event
Maintain awareness of the past event in the offseason with the e-mail tool
- Highlight the efforts of fundraising staff
- Highlight the efforts of fundraising volunteers and urge people to volunteer next year
- Highlight the efforts of fundraisers and urge them to recruit other fundraisers next year
- Highlight the efforts of Sponsors
Your success is our success. Let’s work together to take your fundraising success to the next level. Send us a note with your thoughts and ideas to share with others. Best of luck in 2017 in achieving your fundraising goals.
At Blue Sky Collaborative our goal is to help you maximize the benefits of online peer-to-peer fundraising to achieve your mission. To learn more about how we can help, visit our website www.blueskycollaborative.com or call us at (p) 800-330-4109 ext. 803.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
1. SWEET! promotes our client’s brand and vision.
2. We craft to the needs of the client, because you are unique.
3. We collaborate to foster an organization’s success.
4. We do not charge transaction fees on the dollars you and your fundraisers earn.
5. We do not handle our clients’ money.
6. Technology user friendliness is essential to fundraising success.
Blue Sky Collaborative is a peer to peer fundraising software developer and design services firm that produces fundraising sites for nonprofits and schools of all sizes.
SWEET! peer to peer fundraising software is ideal for any non-profit or school, large or small, that holds participant or pledge events –walk-a-thons, golf-a-thons, run-a-thons, any-a-thons. The company was founded in 2002, and at present thousands of people use Blue Sky’s software in non-profit and school campaigns of all sizes and focus
Blue Sky Collaborative has offices in Boston, MA and Southwestern CT. Several hundred non-profits, in multiple languages use Blue Sky’s software to raise tens of millions of dollars.