The Bikeathon is a clear winner when it comes to selecting a successful peer to peer fundraising campaign type. Many organizations from small to large run bikeathons with overwhelming success. Participants tend to be more dedicated, loyal and greater overall fundraisers compared to other event types and participants in our experience.
Bikeathons not only range in size, but creativity as well. This is why many bikeathon fundraising campaigns are run offline or a hybrid of offline and online steps. Part of the reason for this is that the very specific requirements of bikeathons can’t be supported by standard peer to peer fundraising providers. The downside of these approaches is they leave far too many fundraising dollars not raised and frustrated participants within your campaign.
With this is mind, we created SWEET! BIKEATHON, to meet the unique and proven needs of various bikeathons.
To illustrate this we share a synopsis of three bikeathon projects of various scopes. They represent the capabilities of the SWEET! BIKEATHON peer-to-peer fundraising platform. SWEET! BIKEATHON is designed specifically for bikeathons.
Bike to the Beach (www.biketothebeach.org)
Bike to the Beach (BTTB) is a growing multi-city cycling campaign that raises money for various Autism related charities. BTTB has been running on SWEET! BIKEATHON for 2 years. Prior to that Kinterra’s Friends Asking Friends.
BTTB chose SWEET! BIKEATHON because they desired to build a community around this campaign and needed custom features that only SWEET! BIKEATHON offered. In 2017, in its second year with SWEET! BIKEATHON, BTTB exceeded the $1 million revenue mark for the first time in its history and is up 100% from 2 years ago.
Some key features in SWEET! BIKEATHON that enabled BTTB to reach its tipping point:
- Modern branding and user experience across platforms designed for a millennial user base.
- Step-wise registration with cues for rider/jersey levels optimized for registration on phones.
- Multiple registration fees and fundraising levels.
- Bikers earn badges based on milestones.
- Bikers earn points based on milestones.
- WordPress integration providing maximum flexibility for content management.
- E-commerce Integration with Shopify where riders can redeem points for discounts or SWAG.
- Integration with STRAVA for bikers to find training rides leading up to the event.
Answer to Cancer (A2C) is a one-day cycling event in upstate New York that raises money for Cancer research at the Cancer Research Institute. The event is 2 years old and started on SWEET! BIKEATHON. To date, A2C has raised over $875,000.
Some key features in SWEET! BIKEATHON that enabled instant success of A2C:
- Modern, mobile-friendly design geared for a tech-savvy professional user base in New York City.
- Multi-step registration process with various levels of participations.
- Multiple minimum fundraising requirements for riders of all backgrounds.
- Promo code system to offer discounts on registration fees and fundraising requirements to sponsors, veterans and students.
- One-step minimum fundraising requirement fulfillment process for A2C staff.
- Product and Service sales capabilities during the registration process.
Ryde for Lyme (www.rydeforlyme.org)
Since 2013, the Lymelight Foundation (LF) has hosted its Ryde for Lyme (RFL) on SWEET! BIKEATHON. LF uses Neon by Z2 Systems for their Donor Management System. LF need more than just peer-to-peer fundraising pages. They needed a system that combined registration and peer to peer while integrating with Neon.
Some key features in SWEET! BIKEATHON that allows Ryde to reach their fundraising goal every year:
- Mobile-responsive design brand-matched for LF.
- Online registration for the bike ride.
- Team and individual fundraising.
- Real-time Integration with Neon using the Neon API for online and offline donations
SOFTWARE SHOULD FLEX TO YOUR NEEDS
At Blue Sky Collaborative our experience teaches us the nature of bikeathons, their rules, and culture are the result of the efforts of staff and volunteer hard work. Most importantly, we know that the most successful bikeathons are built around the preferences of a nonprofit’s community, not software’s capabilities.
We believe software should flex to people, so they can be creative, have fun and maximize their fundraising potential. At Blue Sky Collaborative our goal is to help you maximize the benefits of online peer-to-peer fundraising to achieve your mission. To learn more about how we can help, visit our website www.blueskycollaborative.com or call us at (p) 800-330-4109 ext. 803.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- SWEET! software promotes our client’s brand and vision.
- We craft to the needs of the client, because you are unique.
- We collaborate to foster an organization’s success.
- We do not charge transaction fees on the dollars you and your fundraisers earn.
- We do not handle our clients’ money.
- Technology user friendliness is essential to fundraising success.
Blue Sky Collaborative is a peer-to-peer fundraising software developer and design services firm. Our SWEET! online peer to peer fundraising platform is ideal for any company, non-profit or school, large or small, that holds participant or pledge events: CSR, walk-a-thons, golf-a-thons, run-a-thons, any-a-thons. The company was founded in 2002.
At present thousands of people use Blue Sky Collaborative’s software to support events and campaigns of all types. Several hundred companies, non-profits and schools, in multiple languages, use Blue Sky Collaborative’s peer-to-peer fundraising software to raise tens of millions of dollars.
Blue Sky Collaborative has offices in Boston, MA and Southwestern CT.